Thursday, July 17, 2008

Why I Practice Yoga

My own yoga practice began about 4 years ago when my eldest sister urged me to try a class. I was not coordinated and was a slow student. I had a hard time with the balancing poses and more challenging postures. I didn't advance as quickly as my sister to a Level 2-3 class. I never thought that I'd become a yoga teacher. All that changed when I went to Global Mala last year. I was so inspired by the yoga community that I decided to become a yoga teacher and never looked back. I believe that everyone can do some form of yoga. You don't need to be in shape or flexible. You can be like me, a slow student. It doesn't matter because it is not about competition or comparison with others. It's about your own personal journey. When I'm stressed & unhappy, doing yoga helps me deal with it all. No matter what, I always make time for yoga, even if just for 20-30 minutes a day. I support Yoga Month in September & my Associate ID is 4184. Sign up for a VIP Pass (attend 2 days of workshops) and support this non-profit event benefiting Youth Health Alliance at www.yogamonth.org/event/preregister.php

Ingrid Cheng
Founder of Holistic Health Club
Part-time yoga teacher
http://www.holistichealthco-op.org/

1 comment:

Irene Hammond said...

When I started doing yoga, the first time I cried. I realized I had lost so much flexibility. In my body and my life. Doing yoga helps me connect. When I am stressed, I turn to yoga.