1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to (who really listens to you whether they agree with you or not).
3. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
4. When you say, 'I love you,' mean it (and show it).
5. When you say, 'I'm sorry,' look the person in the eye.
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
7. Believe in love at first sight (or first love).
8. Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
10. In disagreements, fight fairly (don't say something that you'll regret later).
Modified from an email by Paula Verbit