1. The Bart, the Muni - convenient & cheap mass transit from SFO to downtown.
2. Shopping at Rainbow Co-op (http://rainbow.coop/)
3. Green Apple Books (http://www.greenapplebooks.com/)
4. San Francisco City Guides give Free Walking Tours. I love the Chinatown walking tour. Participate in 5 or more walks and become an honorary City Guide. Membership includes: Invitation to the 30th Anniversary Celebration,
Quarterly Guidelines newsletter filled with stories on local history, legends and lore plus
Current tour schedule mailed to your house
5. Ferry Plaza Farmers Market and Ferry Building
6. Outside Lands Music & Arts Fest: Aug 22-24
7. Family House, a home away from home for kids with cancer.
8. San Francisco Parks Trust (http://www.sfpt.org/)
9. Kabuki Springs & Spa (http://kabukisprings.com/)
10. Endangered Species Big Year
The 2008 Golden Gate National Recreation Area Endangered Species Big Year is a race against time to observe each of the 33 endangered and threatened species found within the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, while taking 33 discrete conservation recovery actions that will prevent these species from going extinct. Sign up & download your checklist now at: http://ggnrabigyear.org/bigyear.html