"Exercise is cumulative. The more active you are, even when you're not 'exercising,' the better results you'll have," says Dr. Cedric X. Bryant, Ph.D. "Your body is meant to move a lot. So, avoid thinking of exercise as something you do for only half an hour."
No cost ways to stay active are:
1. take the stairs instead of the elevator
2. park a little farther away from the mall or grocery store entrance
3. (Bring a salad to work - I have a Chinese chicken salad recipe that I use and enjoy every bite, then I go for a short walk around the block)
4. (Go car-less. Walk, bike, take the bus).
5. (Make household chores into fun exercise - blast the music, engage your stomach muscles when you vacuum or do other chores).
Adapted from: http://www.prevention.com/cda/article/get-fit-fast/8a1868f271903110VgnVCM10000013281eac____/health/healthy.lifestyle/habits