Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Key to Pain Relief

You may be holding the key to pain relief in your mind. Experts at the National Institutes of Health in Maryland declared that deep relaxation may relieve chronic pain as readily as drugs and surgery. Relaxation is a treatment to try first for lower-back pain, headaches, arthritis and other chronic pain. Relaxation is embraced by mainstream doctors in the Journal of the American Medical Association. People who meditate recognize the relaxation techniques...

Natural Healing Remedies, Prevention Health Book (p.115)

In fact yoga = meditation, because both work together in achieving the common goal of unity of mind, body and spirit.
http://www.healthandyoga.com/html/yoga/Benefits.html

Ingrid
http://holistichealthco-op.org

1 comment:

Robin Rothenberg said...

After years of chronic illness, pain and fatigue, yoga has really been my personal path to healing. In addition to the chronic fatigue and constant pain, I had sciatica, SI problems, herniated discs – you name it. I had no idea what my first yoga class would lead to! It took full on dedication to the process and 10 years to grow a decent immune system. At 48, I feel healthier and more energized than I did at 38, 28 or 18 years old.
I have studied yoga for over 20 years, teaching and becoming a yoga therapist along the way. I was compelled to make this healing process available to the public, and the result is The Essential Low Back Program. I have been working on this project for the last 8 years with The National Institute of Health who funded a study looking at yoga therapy for the treatment of lower back pain. We collaborated with the Group Health Center for Health Studies, and the results were so exciting that the Annals of Internal Medicine picked it up. It is a simple and affordable at home practice, and I am very excited to make it available to everyone. (Please visit www.yogabackcare.com to learn more.)