by Lisa Drayer, R.D. (Women's Health)
1. Meditation can be a great way to relax, especially if you are under a lot of stress
2. Green tea is very soothing — it contains theanine, an amino acid that gives flavor to green tea and also promotes relaxation.
3. Eat 3-4 Hershey Kisses, or a small handful of pretzels (serotonin boosting foods)
4. Create a Relaxation Space
It doesn't have to be a "room" per se — it can be a space in your bedroom solely devoted to relaxing.
5. Listen to Music
Soothing music can be very relaxing
6. Enjoy a (Self) Massage
Use aromatherapy oils such as chamomile or lavender to massage yourself
7. Indulge in a Hot Bath
Heat relaxes muscles — and taking a long bath can be soothing for the mind as well.
8. Exercise helps to boost endorphins and reduce stress — and research shows that 20 minutes each day is all that is needed to experience benefits.