“We all need to take responsibility for creating our own health, preventing disease and healing ourselves”:
1. Start moving more. Regular moderate exercise is critical to overall health. Our muscles were made to move. If we hold them still too long, they quickly deteriorate.
2. Start consuming more soluble dietary food fiber. Research has shown that the average healthy diet should consist of 40 to 50 grams of soluble and insoluble fiber per day. The average person gets 9-12 grams per day.
3. Start reducing your intake of fat, sugar and salt.
4. Learn relaxation skills. Practice using imagery, meditation and (yoga).
5. Engage in creativity (to reap both mental and physical benefits). Make music, art, designs, crafts, beauty, service actions and even good friends.
Lloyd J. Thomas, Ph.D.