Sunday, August 10, 2008

Preventive Care

Guess how much a root canal cost without insurance? A lot! Paying for the root canal was a lot more painful than the actual procedure. Thanks to Dr. Joseph G. Huang, D.D.S, there was virtually no pain during and after the series of visits. He also did a great job on my crown!

"The more I learn about how your oral health can affect your overall health, the more of a brushing and flossing fanatic I am. But it wasn’t always that way...Soon I was riddled with cavities—something I’ve regretted ever since, many crowns, root canals, and dollars later. " Julie Bain, Reader's Digest. "Medical research has revealed the dangers of tooth decay and gum disease, including heart disease, low birth weight in babies, dangerous and even deadly infections, diabetes, and now: maybe Alzheimer’s disease".
http://www.rd.com/blog/healthy-dose/2008/08/05/new-reasons-to-love-your-toothbrush

I want to let everyone know that it is very important to start brushing and flossing your teeth early. If you have kids, start doing it for them when they're 2-3 years old & teach your older kids to do it. My parents didn't teach me, nor did my teachers or dentists when I was a kid. They just told me to brush. I don't even remember being told to floss until I was in high school.

Ingrid

http://holistichealthco-op.org/

No comments: