The Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion deemed September National Yoga Month and has listed it at: www.healthfinder.gov
Come to the Yoga Month Orientation this Saturday, 9/13 at 3 pm. Venice, CA 90291. RSVP at http://yoga.meetup.com/552/
Topics that will be covered are:
1) Postcard/Poster distribution. This is the final push to get the word out about the festival. You will also be given Yoga Month t-shirts.
2) Shift sign-up for the festival at LMU on September 20-21. We want to make sure you have plenty of time to enjoy the festival, concert and Global Mala once your shift is over.
3) Yoga Month Awards - two awards will be presented at the Los Angeles festival: Outstanding Yoga Instructor of the Year and Outstanding Yoga Studio of the Year. We will discuss how to spread the word about these awards to studios and teachers throughout LA. To find out more about the awards or to submit a nomination, please visit www.yogamonth.org/awards.
Please help by: 1) Contacting youth organizations in the area and tell them about Yoga Month and the festival at LMU. A Kids Zone featuring mini yoga sessions, arts enrichment classes, and jumpers will be open to kids. Free passes will be available for all youth.
2) Blogging, post the festival in community calendar sections, alert media to the event, send out email blasts to your friends, and utilize any other method you have available to bring people to the festival.
3) If you are an instructor, get your students on board to attend the festival. Group discount passes are available for teams of 10 or more.
I support Yoga Month & my Associate ID is 4184. Holistic Health Club will have a booth at Yoga Month's Health Fest 9/20-9/21.